Take In Time: 7:20 AM
Dismissal Time: 2:25 PM
Mr. Wendell Ellis
SMS UNIFORM POLICY 2020-2021
Shirts are to be polo/golf style or oxford/button up (short or long sleeves).
6th Grade GRAY only
7th Grade LIGHT BABY BLUE only (not teal or aqua)
8th Grade NAVY (DARK) BLUE only
Grade level T-shirts issued only by Semmes Middle School may be worn ANY school day. School spirit shirts (sold by various clubs) may be worn on FRIDAYS only. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
Khaki/tan/navy uniform style full-length neatly hemmed pants with no holes/tears. Khaki/tan/navy knee length walking shorts with no holes/tears. No jeans or sagging pants.
Khaki/tan/navy uniform style full-length neatly hemmed pants with no holes/tears OR Khaki/tan/navy uniform style capri pants neatly hemmed with no holes/tears Khaki/tan/navy knee length walking shorts with no holes/tears No skirts or skorts.
SOCKS & SHOES
Socks MUST BE WORN. No designs deemed inappropriate by administrators. Shoes of any color with non-marking soles are allowed. NO Boots, Sandals, open toe or open back shoes, Crocs, or platform shoes.
Must be solid/plain navy, black, gray, or white jackets/ sweatshirts or school issued jackets.
ONLY school purchased Semmes Middle School mask OR State issued mask are allowed (these will be issued at school).
* Masks are required in accordance with the State of Alabama’s ordinance until it is lifted.
School issued SMS uniform must be worn at P.E when students resume dressing out. *We will have these available for purchase at a later date.
- Earrings no larger than a quarter may be worn in the ear only.
- Caps, hats, sweatbands, stocking caps, bandanas, or any other type of head covering are NOT permitted.
- No writing on body or uniform attire.
- Also unacceptable: Anything deemed inappropriate or disruptive by the administration.
SMS Cell Phone/Smart Watches/Electronics Policy:
All electronic devices, such as cell phones/Smart Watches etc., must be removed when entering the building and placed in the student’s bookbag by 7:15 A.M. Cell phones should NOT be out in the classroom unless the teacher has given the student permission. Electronic devices are not allowed in the cafeteria, restrooms, or during P.E. at any time.
Uniform & Electronic Device Violations:
- In-school suspension
- Out-of-school suspension
Semmes Middle School
Supply List 2020-2021
All Grade Levels
(Revised September 2020)
Please label all items below with the student’s first and last name for safety reasons.
One each of the items listed below:
- Device (School issued or personal)
- Device Charger
- Ear Buds/Headphones
- Case for Device (If you received a device from SMS, you will receive a case.)
- Face Mask (Either school purchased or State Issued ONLY- You will receive the state provided mask in Homeroom on the first day of school.)
- Water Bottle (Refillable or Disposable)
- Three Ring Binder
- Pack of Wide-Ruled Notebook Paper
- Box of #2 pencils (If mechanical, replacement lead needed)
- Self-contained pencil sharpener
- Pens (Blue and/or Black)
- Red Pens
- Box of 24 Colored Pencils
- Package of highlighters
- Basic Four Function Calculator
- 2G Flash Drive labeled with student’s name
Individual teachers may request specific supplies and students may need additional supplies throughout the year.
Roll of Paper Towels